Asbury Theological Seminary
B.L. Fisher Library
First Fruits PressRobert A. Danielson, Scholarly Communications Librarian
First Fruits Press reprints and publishes new material relevant to the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition of Asbury Theological Seminary and for the global mission of the Christian Church for the furthering of the Kingdom of God. We view open access publishing as giving back to God the fruit of our work.
- Publishing activities began: 2012
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English and Spanish
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 66%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||1|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1|
|Journals, inactive back issues||2|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- The Asbury Journal (journal)
- The Journal of Inductive Biblical Studies (journal)
- Faith and Philosophy (journal)
- Elementary New Testament Greek (textbook)
- Navigating Complexity in Our World (monograph)
- Christian missions
- Christian life
- biblical studies
- Church history
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Best publications to refer to our program: Materials related to the Wesleyan-Holiness religious tradition.
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- graphic design (print or web)
- ISBN registry