CCT College Dublin
John Hume Library
John Hume LibraryMarie O' Neill, Head of Enhancement
Phone: +353 1 6333444
CCT College Dublin’s Library Publishing Programme disseminates on an open-access basis scholarly work undertaken by faculty and students of the College via the Digital Commons platform. Key enablers of the publishing programme include collaboration institutionally and sector-wide, ethical and transparent workflows, and best practice in the library publishing field.
- Publishing activities began: 2020
- Location: Ireland
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments: In 2021, CCT staff received training on the journal publishing platform of Digital Commons to inform the establishment of an institutional journal.
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||11|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||52|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||48|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- How Patagonia Apply Triple Bottom Line in Their Marketing Strategy (thesis; https://arc.cct.ie/business/16/)
- An Examination of the Growth of Cruelty Free Products Available for the 18-24 Age Range (thesis; https://arc.cct.ie/business/12/)
- Fast Fashion Industry: Ethical and Eco-friendly? (thesis; https://arc.cct.ie/business/7/)
- POD: Plenty Of Dogs (thesis; https://arc.cct.ie/ict/12/)
- Blue-Collar Job: Stress and Job Satisfaction (thesis; https://arc.cct.ie/business/4/)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
Additional InformationPlans for expansion & future directions:
The Librarian and Head of Enhancement were recently trained in the journal publishing module of Digital Commons to inform the establishment of an annual open-access library published academic journal.
The library is particularly strong on sectoral engagement. In 2021, CCT spoke at the inaugural seminar of the Library Association of Ireland's Library Publishing Group on publishing a library-published, open access, peer-reviewed journal. In 2020, CCT co-presented at the Mid-Term meeting of the IFLA SIG on Library Publishing which was held on Oslomet on the library publishing landscape in Ireland.
← Return to Directory