Eastern Kentucky University
Eastern Kentucky University Libraries
Collections and DiscoveryLaura Edwards, Associate Director, Discovery and Metadata
To provide open access to EKU’s scholarship and the scholarship of others, and to support the mission of EKU, which is regional engagement, student and faculty achievement.
- Publishing activities began: 2010
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 3
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; undergraduate capstones/honors theses; graduate capstones.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||27||27|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||0|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||22||22|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||75||34||41|
graduate capstones (32)
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- JOTE (Journal of Occupational Therapy) (journal)
- Slavery to Liberation: the African American Experience (open textbook)
- Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
- KJUS (Kentucky Journal of Undergraduate Scholarship) (journal)
- JORA (Journal of Retracing Africa) (journal)
- occupational therapy education
- African studies
- college teaching and learning
- undergraduate scholarship
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- audio/video streaming
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management
- Amazon Glacier
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Focus on OERs to support student success.
← Return to Directory