Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Scholarly Communication TeamChip Wolfe, Scholarly Commons Administrator
Scholarly Commons is an open access digital repository for the research, scholarship, and creative works of the faculty, students and staff of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. By collecting and preserving the University community’s research in a single location, Scholarly Commons provides a digital showcase for campus publications, archival materials, library special collections, and other University-related creative works not published elsewhere.
- Publishing activities began: 2013
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across several campuses
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 50%
- Professional staff: 2
- Paraprofessional staff: 2
- Undergraduates: 1
- Library operating budget: 80%
- Non-library campus budget: 20%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||280||280|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||80||80|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||21||21|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||72||72|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||5||5|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues||1||1|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- International Journal of Aviation, Aeronautics, and Aerospace (journal)
- Journal of Aviation/Aerospace Education & Research (journal)
- Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law (journal)
- Black Box (magazine)
- Night Flight Journal (journal)
- aviation safety and security
- aerospace engineering
- forensic science and technology
- astrophysics and astronomy
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- peer review management