Florida International University
Digital Collections CenterJill Krefft, Research and Data Repository Coordinator
The mission of the Florida International University publishing program is to provide a set of services and tools to host, provide open access to, and preserve research and scholarship created by members of FIU.
- Publishing activities began: 2009
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English; Spanish
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 3 - Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 80%
- Professional staff: 2
- Paraprofessional staff: 1.25
- Library materials budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||106||94|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||50||50|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||561|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||7|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETD)
- Hospitality Review (journal)
- South Florida Education Research Conference (conference proceedings)
- Class, Race and Corporate Power (journal)
- Student Newspaper Archives
- life sciences
- medicine and health sciences
- social and behavioral sciences
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- applying for Cataloging in Publication Data
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- open URL support
- peer review management
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Continue to expand journal publishing services; support undergraduate and graduate student collections; expand education and support for open access campus-wide.
← Return to Directory