George Mason University
Mason PublishingArthur Rouner, Director
Mason Publishing provides services to support the creation, curation, dissemination, and preservation of scholarly, creative, and educational works by and for the Mason community.
- Publishing activities began: 2009
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 3
- Library operating budget: 90%
- Sales revenue: 10%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||1||1|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||2||2|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||504||504|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||7||7|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
Library-administered university press publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
- Journal of Inclusive Postsecondary Education (journal)
- Innovations in Teaching and Learning Conference Proceedings (proceedings)
- Journal of Modern Mobility Systems (journal)
- conflict analysis and resolution
- regional interest
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Best publications to refer to our program: Book and journal projects in specialty areas listed above
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
- University press partner: George Mason University Press
Technologies & Services
- DOI distribution
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- compiling indexes and/or TOCs
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management