Georgetown University Library
Library Information TechnologySuzanne Chase, Head, Library Information Technology
DigitalGeorgetown supports the advancement of education and scholarship at Georgetown University and contributes to the expansion of research initiatives, both nationally and internationally. By providing infrastructure, resources, and services, DigitalGeorgetown sustains the evolution from the traditional research models of today to the enriched scholarly communication environment of tomorrow, and it provides context and leadership in developing collaborative opportunities with partners across the campus and around the world.
- Publishing activities began: 2009
- Location: United States
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
- University press partner: Georgetown University Press
Technologies & Services
- applying for Cataloging in Publication Data
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- data visualization
- hosting of supplemental content
- image services
- ISSN registry
- AP Trust