Griffith LibraryDimphne Ni Bhraonain, Deputy Librarian
We are proud of the research work undertaken by staff and students of Griffith College. Griffith Open offers an opportunity to showcase the breadth and depth of this research.
Through providing a central archive and record of research, we aim to make content as accessible as possible. Institutional repositories ensure a wide dissemination of the work produced, maximize impact and contribute to the growing body of research literature that is now freely available online.
Griffith Open is committed to the principles of the growing Open Access movement. Open access to research enhances the visibility and the impact of the work, the author and the College. All material made available here is freely available on the internet.
- Publishing activities began: 2014
- Location: Ireland
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects).
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISBN registry