Humboldt State University
Humboldt State University Library
Humboldt State University PressKyle Morgan, Scholarly Communications and Digital Scholarship Librarian
Humboldt State University Press publishes high-quality scholarly, intellectual, and creative works by or in support of our campus community. The Press supports the HSU mission to improve the human condition and our environment by promoting understanding of social, economic, and environmental issues.
- Publishing activities began: 2015
- Location: United States
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 50%
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Graduate students: 0.5
- Undergraduates: 0.5
- Library operating budget: 80%
- Non-library campus budget: 10%
- Charitable contributions: 10%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
Library-administered university press publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||5|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||4|
- social justice
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- applying for Cataloging in Publication Data
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- contract/license preparation
- graphic design (print or web)
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management