Indiana University Bloomington
Indiana University Libraries
Scholarly CommunicationSarah Hare, Scholarly Communication Librarian
Build a rich, seamless set of publishing options for IU faculty and students in collaboration with the IU Press and others, including support for open access publications and research findings.
- Publishing activities began: 2012
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 70%
- Professional staff: 4
- Graduate students: 2
- Library materials budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; technical/research reports.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||97||97|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||101||101|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||23||23|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
Library-administered university press publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||9|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||13|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||2|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||23|
- Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (journal)
- Studies in Digital Heritage (journal)
- Indiana Magazine of History (journal)
- Museum Anthropology Review (journal)
- Indiana University Journal of Undergraduate Research (IUJUR) (journal)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Best publications to refer to our program: N/A
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
- University press partner: Indiana University Press
Technologies & Services
- author advisory – copyright
- dataset management
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- peer review management
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
The journal publishing program at Indiana University Bloomington will continue to focus on sustainability and balancing new journals/services with our current resources. We also launched an Open Educational Resource (OER) fellowship program in 2020 and will continue to make OER creation a focus.
← Return to Directory