Institute of Art, Design & Technology
IADT LibraryJane Buggle, Institute Librarian
IADT Library will continue to publish electronic theses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In addition, IADT Library undertakes to establish a range of OA publishing activities over the next 12 months, to showcase the intellectual output of the institution and to support its ambitious research agenda.
- Publishing activities began: 2020
- Location: Ireland
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments: IADT signed up to the Research@THEA consortium IR in 2020. We have established workflows for the publication of e-theses. We have also established a local IR for undergraduate theses. The workflow has been in place for over ten years but the infrastructure is under development. We intend to establish a number of cross-institutional journals (UG, PG, and academic) over the next 12 months. A range of OERs is also in development.
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Professional staff: 1
- Library operating budget: 60%
- Non-library campus budget: 20%
- Chargebacks: 20%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||6||6|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||15||15|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||45||45|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- creative arts
- creative technologies
- arts and humanities
- applied psychology
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Technologies & Services
- locally developed software
Additional InformationPlans for expansion & future directions:
Within the next 12 months, we intend to launch a number of academic, peer-reviewed journals at IADT.
← Return to Directory