Iowa State University
Iowa State University Library
Iowa State University Digital PressHarrison W. Inefuku, Scholarly Publishing Services Librarian
In support of Iowa State University’s land-grant mission to spread knowledge beyond campus walls, the Iowa State University Digital Press aims to facilitate broad dissemination of knowledge through open access publishing and promotion; provide increased opportunities for Iowa State University faculty, students, and staff to share their research; publish quality scholarship in alignment with the university’s curricular and research strengths; and diversify the voices, identities, and perspectives represented in the published record.
- Publishing activities began: 2012
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English, Korean
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 80%
- Journals that assess article processing charges: 20%
- Professional staff: 1
- Undergraduates: 0.5
- Library materials budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||1||1|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||1||1|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||4||4|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||3||3|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication (journal)
- Meat and Muscle Biology (journal)
- International Textile and Apparel Association Annual Conference Proceedings (conference proceedings)
- The Critical Social Educator (journal)
- Journal of Critical Thought and Praxis (journal)
- agriculture and life sciences
- textile and apparel design
- libraries and archives
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners but only if in our disciplinary specialty.
Best publications to refer to our program: open access journals, conference proceedings, and monograph proposals in subject areas covered by Iowa State University
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- DOI distribution
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- graphic design (print or web)
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- notification of A&I sources
- peer review management