Kansas State University
Kansas State University Libraries
Center for the Advancement of Digital ScholarshipEmily G. Finch, Scholarly Communication and Copyright Librarian
New Prairie Press will host scholarly journals, monographs, conference proceedings, and open textbooks from any discipline area; K-REx (the institutional repository) collects, distributes, and preserves the research and scholarship produced by faculty, staff, and students along with K-State historical materials.
- Publishing activities began: 2006
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 75%
- Professional staff: 2
- Undergraduates: 2
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||32||32|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||6||6|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||240||240|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||0|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues||0|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||0|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- The Art of Being Human: A Textbook for Cultural Anthropology (ebook)
- Journal of Applied Communications (journal)
- Studies in 20th & 21st Century Literature (journal)
- Journal of Financial Therapy (journal)
- Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station Research Reports (research reports))
- health and human sciences
- agricultural and applied communication
- agricultural sciences, research, and extension
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- DOI distribution
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- Amazon S3