Lever PressBeth Bouloukos, Director
Lever Press is grounded on a set of values, and guided by clear commitments. The values on which we’re basing our work are:
- producing the highest quality scholarship in an economically sustainable model
- embodying and reflecting the values of the liberal arts, and
- leading the way in establishing best practices for born-digital, peer reviewed, open access monograph publishing.
As a press aligned with the ethos and mission of liberal arts colleges, we seek out, identify, evaluate, and advocate for transformative scholarship that spurs creative dialogue within and between traditional fields of inquiry, emphasizes disciplinary innovation, draws upon new models of collaborative research, and strives to reach the broadest audience possible. We value:
- leadership and the courage to push existing boundaries
- diverse voices and viewpoints
- the principles of equity and social justice
- building community among our members and beyond
- continuous learning
By living our values we will be responsive to the needs of readers, authors, and member institutions, share our liberal arts focus broadly, and engage globally with others in the exchange of new scholarship.
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: Yes
- Professional staff: 2
- Undergraduates: 1
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
The campaign for the second phase of Lever will start this academic year.
← Return to Directory