DeWitt Wallace LibraryLouann Terveer, Digital Initiatives and Scholarly Communication Librarian
We have three primary goals for our digital publishing efforts:
- To provide widely accessible resources for scholarship and teaching.
- To contribute to and enhance scholarly communication and open access publishing models.
- To preserve Macalester’s intellectual, social, and historical life.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2004
- Location: United States
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage (1-3): 3 - Established
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 0.5
- Library Operating Budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; monographs; newsletters; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||3|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses||62|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Macalester College Honors Projects (undergraduate capstones/honors theses)
- HIMALAYA, the Journal of the Association for Nepal and Himalayan Studies (journal)
- Tapestries: Interwoven voices of local and global identities (journal)
- Captive Audiences/Captive Performers (monograph)
- Library Technology Conference (presentations/slide decks)
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- compiling indexes and/or TOCs
- dataset management
- graphic design (print or web)
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- Amazon S3