DeWitt Wallace Library
DeWitt Wallace LibraryEmail: email@example.com
We have three primary goals for our digital publishing efforts:
- To provide widely accessible resources for scholarship and teaching.
- To contribute to and enhance scholarly communication and open access publishing models.
- To preserve Macalester’s intellectual, social, and historical life.
- Publishing activities began: 2004
- Location: United States
- Organization: services distributed across campus
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 0.5
- Paraprofessional staff: 0.5
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: journals, campus-based student-created; monographs; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||2||2|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||25|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Macalester College Honors Projects (undergraduate capstones/honors theses)
- Tapestries: Interwoven voices of local and global identities (journal)
- A Call for Change: Minnesota Environmental Justice Heroes in Action (monograph)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- Amazon S3