Marino Institute of Education
Marino Institute of Education
LibraryDr Johannah Duffy, Librarian
MIE Library’s mission is to support and expand the library publishing culture in
Marino Institute of Education and to create an active and inclusive community of practice for
library publishing at MIE. We aim to promote academic writing and publishing among
staff and students and to provide a variety of supports (knowledge sharing
events, workshops and mentoring ) to develop the growing
culture of writing for academic publishing . We strive to forge links between Open Access and institutional publishing.
MIE Library Values:
• Creativity and innovation
• Equality and inclusivity
• Leadership and professionalism
- Publishing activities began: 2020
- Location: Ireland
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 4
- Graduate students: 4
- Library operating budget: 50%
- Other: 50%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||42||42|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||15||15|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Finding a Voice and Fostering Independence. The Role of the SNA in Supporting Children with ASD in Mainstream Schools Molloy, Niamh , STER
- An Exploration into the Experiences of LGBTQ+ Primary School Teachers in Ireland O’Reilly, Fiona, STER
- Irish Primary Teachers’ use of Social Media in Visual Arts Education Lawrence, Amy, STER
- Exploring Prison Educators’ Perspectives on What Strategies They Deem as Being Effective When Supporting Prisoners as Learners , STER
- ENABLING TRANSITIONS: Insights from Learners’ Transitional Experiences on a Further to Higher Education Bridging Programme McElvaney, Geraldine, STER
- social sciences
- social justice
- further education
- early childhood
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Best publications to refer to our program: Open to a wide variety of publication types.
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- author advisory – other
- peer review management
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Future focus will be to invest additional time with the MIE staff to expand submissions from MIE staff to our Library publishing program.
The Library of Marino Institute of Education is housed in St. Patrick's Hall and caters to over 1400 students and staff through the provision of print and online resources and services.
← Return to Directory