Memorial University of Newfoundland
Queen Elizabeth II Library
Digital Archives InitiativePatrick Gamsby, Scholarly Communications Librarian
To disseminate the intellectual output of scholars at Memorial University of Newfoundland, as well as to exhibit and preserve born-digital and digitized collections.
- Publishing activities began: 2008
- Location: Canada
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 4
- Undergraduates: 3
Funding sources for publishing activities:
- Library materials budget: 20%
- Library operating budget: 80%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
- Newfoundland and Labrador
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
Softwares & platforms:
- audio/video streaming
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISSN registry
Digital preservation strategy:
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We are considering a migration from EPrints to DSpace for our repository software.
← Return to Directory