Monash University Publishing
Monash University Library
Monash University Publishing2020 CONTACT:
Joanne Mullins, Coordinator
Monash University Publishing is Monash University’s publishing imprint. Monash University Publishing will add a high level of value to the University by:
- Publishing scholarly work of the highest quality, ensured by rigorous peer review.
- Maximizing the impact of Monash University Publishing titles.
- Representing the breadth and energy of Monash University research interests (while not excluding contributors from anywhere).
- Promoting the free exchange of knowledge.
- Playing a coordinating role in the production and dissemination of Monash’s scholarly publications. And
- Providing a body of publishing expertise within the University.
Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
Stage (1-3): 3 - Established
Open Access Focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
Program Advisory/Editorial Board: Yes
Staffing (in Full Time Equivalents):
- Professional staff: 4
- Library Operating Budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: monographs.
|Campus-based Faculty-driven Journal|
|Campus-based Student-driven Journals|
|Faculty Conference Papers and Proceedings|
|Journals for External Groups|
|Student Conference Papers and Proceedings|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2019: New publications from July 2018 to June 2019. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that may be offered in some form as OA, but are also available as a paid version.
Library-Administered University Press Publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
- Monographs: 24
- Half the Perfect World: Writers, Dreamers and Drifters on Hydra 1955-1964 (monograph)
- Maestro John Monash: Australia's Greatest Citizen General (monograph)
- Northern Lights: The Positive Policy Example of Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway (monograph)
- Dunera Lives: A Visual History (monograph)
- The Fountain of Public Prosperity: Evangelical Christians in Australian History 1740–1914 (monograph)
- Asian studies
PartnersInternal Partners: individual faculty
Openess to Partners: Consider external partners but only if in our disciplinary specialty
Best publications to refer to our program: Monographs in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Technologies & Services