Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI)
PALNI PressAmanda Hurford, Scholarly Communications Director
PALNI Press is committed to disseminating the diverse scholarly and creative content of supported PALNI institutions and their academic communities, helping them meet their teaching and learning objectives. This service provides the capacity to create and host open access publications such as journals, textbooks, monographs, and digital exhibits, without the costs associated with program design or platform maintenance and hosting. PALNI aims to provide equal, equitable, and free access to content by all users throughout the world. PALNI’s Publishing Services Admin Team provides consultation and support for the PALNI Press service.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2017
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: organization (e.g. non-profit association, library consortia) that provides or supports library publishing activities on behalf of its library members
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: Yes
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 50%
- Professional staff: 1
- Grants: 25%
- Other: 75%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)||1|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||80|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Vision: A Journal for Church and Theology (journal)
- Journal of Integrative Behavioral Science (journal)
- Brass Techniques and Pedagogy (textbook)
- behavioral science
- musical instruments
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Hyku (marked above as Samvera)
- project consultation and setup; platform maintenance; backups; documentation; troubleshooting
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
In addition to basic services and platform support, we plan to develop discovery, analytics, and archival services next. We also plan to provide increased support for OER production and publication as part of our PALSave Textbook Creation Grant program.
← Return to Directory