Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI)
PALNI PressAmanda Hurford, Scholarly Communications Director
PALNI Press is committed to disseminating the diverse scholarly and creative content of supported PALNI institutions and their academic communities, helping them meet their teaching and learning objectives. This service provides the capacity to create and host open access publications such as journals, textbooks, monographs, and digital exhibits, without the costs associated with program design or platform maintenance and hosting. PALNI aims to provide equal, equitable, and free access to content by all users throughout the world. PALNI’s Publishing Services Admin Team provides consultation and support for the PALNI Press service.
- Publishing activities began: 2017
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: organization (e.g. non-profit association, library consortia) that provides or supports library publishing activities on behalf of its library members
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 50%
- Professional staff: 1
- Grants: 25%
- Other: 75%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; undergraduate capstones/honors theses; digital Exhibits.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||0|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||428|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Vision: A Journal for Church and Theology (journal)
- Brass Techniques and Pedagogy (textbook)
- AcademFic: A Journal of Fiction by Academics (journal)
- Elements of Biblical Narrative: A Brief Introduction with an Analysis of the Red Sea Story (monograph)
- Mighty in Battle: A Literary Study of Battle Narrative in the Ancient Near East and in the Bible (monograph)
- philosophy and religion
- musical instruments
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- Hyku (marked above as Samvera)
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- hosting of supplemental content
- project setup; platform training, troubleshooting, maintenance, backup, and documentation
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
In the near term, we will start assigning ISBNS to all qualifying monographic publications, and managing peer review, copyediting, and cover design for the PALSave Textbook Creation Grants.
← Return to Directory