Russian State Library
Russian State Library
"Pashkov Dom" Publishing House
In 1998, Pashkov Dom Publishing was established on the basis of the Department of Printed Publications of the Russian State Library. Over the past years, the publishing house has issued more than 600 publications on current library and book research topics and has taken a leading place among libraries’ publishing houses in Russia and the CIS. Being, as the leading figure of Russian bookishness N.A. Rubakin put it, “a book reflection of the universe,” the library sets a clear vector for publishing activities — that is, to introduce into scientific circulation and popularize unique monuments of writing and book culture stored in the Russian State Library.
Major scientists and specialists working in all departments of the library are involved in producing monographs, catalogues, reference, informational, and methodological materials. Over two decades, the publishing house’s repertoire has developed. Professionals have got accustomed to books on the history, theory, and practice of librarianship, bibliographies, and literature indexes by Pashkov Dom. For bibliophiles, there are publications on the history of books, bibliology, the art of publishing and ex-libris design, facsimiles, and reprints of manuscript and book monuments. For a wide audience, there are scientific and popular, subject matter and universal indexes, encyclopedic publications, and stories about books by Russian writers. There is a special place occupied by the materials of All-Russian and international conferences and catalogues of exhibitions held in the library. The publishing house’s flagship projects are book series that introduce readers to the works of recognized library scientists, bibliologists, bibliographers, historians, philologists. They include “Book Monuments of the Russian State Library,” “Collections of the Russian State Library,” and “The Great Librarian.” Libraries of the country need the Schedules of Library-Bibliographical Classification published in large numbers by today’s standards, proceedings of All-Russian and international scientific conferences. There are such noticeable multi-volume publications as the “Union Catalog of Russian Books. 1801—1825,” “Owner’s Book Marks in the Rare Books Department of the Russian State Library,” “Bibliophilism and Personal Collections,” and “Book Universe”.
The main element of the publishing house is its close-knit team of like-minded people who always follow the motto of N.P. Rumyantsev: “For the Benefit of the Fatherland and the Good Enlightenment.”
- Publishing activities began: 1998
- Location: Russia
- Languages published: Russian
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 3 - Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 60%
- Professional staff: 30
- Library operating budget: 70%
- Sales revenue: 30%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); journals, contracted by external groups; monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||3||3|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||10||10|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||5||2||3|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Bibliotekovedenie [Russian Journal of Library Science] (journal)
- Bibliotechno-bibliograficheskaya klassifikatsiya: Srednie tablitsy [Library-Bibliographic Classification: Medium Schedules], in 8 issues. 2nd edition. Moscow, Pashkov Dom Publ., 2000-.
- Owner’s Book Marks in the Rare Books Department of the Russian State Library. Moscow, Pashkov Dom Publ., in 4 books (continuing). 2010-.
- Lesnevsky Yu.Yu. Rukovodstvo po obespecheniyu dostupnosti uslug v bibliotekakh Rossiiskoi Federatsii dlya invalidov i drugikh malomobil’nykh grazhdan [Guidelines for Ensuring Accessibility of Services in Libraries of the Russian Federation for the Disabled and Other People with Limited Mobility]. Moscow, Pashkov Dom Publ., 2019, 327 p.
- elikii bibliotekar’: k 120-letiyu so dnya rozhdeniya Margarity Ivanovny Rudomino (1900-1990) [A Great Librarian: To the 120th Birth Anniversary of Margarita Ivanovna Rudomino (1900-1990)]. in 2 vol. Moscow, Pashkov Dom Publ., 2020, vol. 1, 480 p. Vol. 2, 432 p.
- library science
- cultural studies
- bibliographical catalogues
- history of books
- Russian literature
PartnersOpenness to working with external partners: for reviewing
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- National Digital Library of Russia