Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Rutgers University Libraries
Instruction and Publishing SupportRhonda Marker, Director of Instruction and Publishing Support
The Rutgers University Libraries support and enrich the instructional, research, and public service missions of the University. Our publishing services contribute to the development of new knowledge through publishing the results of scholarly inquiry, including ETDs, journals, and datasets.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2005
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage (1-3): 3 - Established
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Library Operating Budget: 95%
- Charge Backs: 5%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; newsletters.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||613||613|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1||1|
|Journals, inactive back-issues||3||3|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Pragmatic Case Studies in Psychotherapy (journal)
- Journal of Jazz Studies (journal)
- New Jersey Studies (journal)
- Benton, Joyvin. 2015-05. The influence of racialized ability grouping on school climate, academic self-concept and motivation. (dissertation)
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- audio/video streaming
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We are currently partnering with an undergraduate honors program to host a student-run peer-reviewed research journal.
← Return to Directory