Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Rutgers University Libraries
Scholarly Communication and CollectionsJeffrey D. Carroll, Assistant Vice President for Scholarly Communication and Collections
The Rutgers University Libraries support and enrich the instructional, research, and public service missions of the University. Our publishing services contribute to the development of new knowledge through publishing the results of scholarly inquiry, including ETDs, journals, and datasets.
- Publishing activities began: 2005
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; journals, inactive back-issues; newsletters; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||962||962|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1||1|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||116||116|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Journal of Jazz Studies (journal)
- New Jersey Studies (journal)
- Ighoavodha, Onome. (2018) The opportunity identification process: framing, strategic choices, and urban markets (ETD)
- Benton, Joyvin. (2015) The influence of racialized ability grouping on school climate, academic self-concept and motivation (ETD)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners but only if in our disciplinary specialty
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- audio/video streaming
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- Digital preservation services under discussion