Sam Houston State University
Newton Gresham Library
Digital ResourcesEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Newton Gresham Library provides support to five open access journals at Sam Houston State University. We support open access journals with a no-fee hosting service, through our membership in the Texas Digital Library. Using the Open Journal System (OJS), journals are able to take submissions, edit, review, and accept submissions.
- Publishing activities began: 2016
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: organization (e.g. non-profit association, library consortia) that provides or supports library publishing activities on behalf of its library members
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments: Journals are hosted by Texas Digital Library which provides technical support.
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 80%
- Professional staff: 0.5
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||2||2|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1||1|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Journal of Universality of Global Education Issues (journal)
- Journal of Multidisciplinary Graduate Research (journal)
- The Measure
- case studies
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
- Name of consortium: Texas Digital Library
- Type of support: Host the OJS software and provides setup and technical support
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- No digital preservation services provided