Scholars Portal (Ontario Council of University Libraries)
Scholars PortalKaitlin Newson, Digital Projects Librarian
Scholars Portal hosts journal publishing software for 12 institutions on behalf of the Ontario Council of University Libraries. Our services include software management, troubleshooting, and DOI registration sponsorship.
- Publishing activities began: 2012
- Location: Canada
- Organization: organization (e.g. non-profit association, library consortia) that provides or supports library publishing activities on behalf of its library members
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): Please select
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Professional staff: 1.0
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs.
PartnersOpenness to working with external partners: Only work with internal partners
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
- Name of consortium: Ontario Council of University Libraries
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
Softwares & platforms:
- DOI distribution
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- graphic design (print or web)
Digital preservation strategy:Service vendors: Crossref
- PKP Preservation Network
- Scholars Portal
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Future plans for the service include enhancing integration with the Scholars Portal Journals platform, improving automation of our systems, and growing our preservation activities.
← Return to Directory