SUNY College at Geneseo
Open Services CommitteeAllison Brown, Digital Publishing Services Manager
To increase the visibility, reach, and impact of Geneseo’s research and scholarship by providing open access to information, ideas, and works of imagination.
- Publishing activities began: 2012
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Professional staff: 1
- Undergraduates: 1
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); journals, campus-based student-created; posters.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||4|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||2|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- The Missing Link: An Introduction to Web Development and Programming by Michael Mendez (textbook)
- Interpersonal Communication: A Mindful Approach to Relationships by Jason S. Wrench, Narissra M. Punyanunt-Carter and Katherine S. Thweatt (textbook)
- Writing in College: From Competence to Excellence by Amy Guptill (textbook)
- "Foraging behaviors of pollinators in the Spencer J. Roemer Arboretum" by Syndou Cissé and Mouhamad Berte (poster)
- educational material
PartnersInternal partners: individual faculty
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Best publications to refer to our program: open textbooks
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- locally developed software
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- compiling indexes and/or TOCs
- contract/license preparation
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management
- No digital preservation services provided