Swarthmore College LibrariesMaria Aghazarian, Scholarly Communications Librarian
To preserve and provide access to scholarship created and curated by the Swarthmore College Community.
- Publishing activities began: 2016
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Swarthmore Undergraduate History Journal (journal)
- #CritEdPol, Journal of Critical Education Policy Studies at Swarthmore College (journal)
PartnersInternal partners: individual faculty
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- Amazon S3