The University of Hong Kong
Learning and Research ServicesJesse Xiao, Data and Scholarly Communication Librarian
The Libraries acquire printed and electronic HKU theses for PhD, MPhil, and SJD programmes. The printed theses are transferred and stored in The HKU Archives while the ETDs (Electronic Theses & Dissertations) are on open access and published in the Scholars Hub under the licensing of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License with the CrossRef DOI.
The Libraries provides a comprehensive repository (DataHub) for research data and other forms of scholarly outputs publishing. DataHub targets to storing, citing, sharing, and discovering research data and all scholarly outputs. It collects, preserves, and provides stable, long-term global open access to a wide range of research data and scholarly outputs created by HKU researchers and RPG students in the course of their research and teaching.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2012
- Location: Hong Kong
- Languages published: English; Chinese
- Organization: services distributed across campus
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Professional staff: 2
- Paraprofessional staff: 3
- Library Operating Budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: databases; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); monographs.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||2819||2819|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Use of the Richardson-Lucy Algorithm in Analyzing Positron Annihilation Spectroscopy Data (thesis)
- Hong Kong Retail Industry in 21st Century (thesis)
- Educational Development in Post-War Hong Kong (thesis)
- Odour Control and Management in Hong Kong Sewage Treatment Infrastructures (thesis)
- The Rise and Decline of Cantopop (thesis)
- biomedical science
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- multimedia/interactive content
- DOI distribution
- applying for Cataloging in Publication Data
- author advisory – copyright
- data visualization
- dataset management
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- Amazon S3
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We will focus on the data publishing and linking published datasets with other publication records.
← Return to Directory