TIB Open Publishing
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)Xenia van Edig, Open Access publication platform manager
TIB Open Publishing provides publishing support to open-access journals and conference publications. Thereby openness is our core value. Scholars deserve a persistent but innovative non-commercial home for their publications. This is what we provide.
- Publishing activities began: 2021
- Location: Germany
- Languages published: English, German
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 2
- Library operating budget: 90%
- Chargebacks: 10%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, contracted by external groups; conference papers and proceedings, contracted by external groups.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||1|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
conference papers and proceedings, contracted by external groups (1)
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Business Information Systems
- TH Wildau Engineering and Natural Sciences Proceedings
- computer science
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Best publications to refer to our program: peer-reviewed journals; peer-reviewed conference publications
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- We connect to externaly hosted videos, data, and other matrial
- DOI distribution
- applying for Cataloging in Publication Data
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- compiling indexes and/or TOCs
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISSN registry
- notification of A&I sources
- peer review management
- Supplements: we refer to data repositories; automated conversion to and from XML
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Our library (TIB) is a Major Development Partner of PKP. Together we will work on enhancing OJS for conference publications.
TIB itself is involved in providing funding for open-access publications and currently runs a project to set up consortia funding for diamond OA journals and book series (https://projects.tib.eu/koala/en/). Future links to TIB Open Publishing are probable.
← Return to Directory