TU Wien Bibliothek
Publication ServicesBeata Guba, Library Director
TU Wien Bibliothek with its platform reposiTUm supports the open access strategy of TU Wien and ensures the best possible dissemination of scientific publications and information of TU Wien members. The metadata is curated by the library and delivered by reposiTUm to OpenAIRE and BASE; in addition there is an interface to ORCID for metadata exchange.
With TU Wien Academic Press, TU Wien Bibliothek has established Austria´s first fully open access publisher. E-books are published from the entire spectrum of subjects at TU Wien. The portfolio stretches from architecture to traffic, electrotechnology or robotics and up to and including management sciences. Optionally, books are additionally also published as print books.
TU Wien Bibliothek also offers alternative open access publication opportunities for journals and conference proceedings with the Janeway hosting platform. It assists in transferring an already existing journal to an open access model and advises in startup of an open access journal or conference proceedings series.
- Publishing activities began: 2015
- Location: Austria
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments: Organization: The publishing activities are managed by the unit ‘Publication Services’ as part of the division ‘Networking and Innovation’ at TU Wien Bibliothek. For more details on TU Wien Academic Press see https://www.tuwien.at/academicpress/en/.Languages: English and GermanLocation: Vienna
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Professional staff: 5
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; monographs; technical/research reports.
- Conference Series: Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design - together with IEEE
- Computational Science and Engineering
- Quantum Physics and Quantum Technologies
- Materials and Matter
- Information and Communication Technology
- Energy and Environment
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- DOI distribution
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- graphic design (print or web)
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management