UNCG University Libraries
Technical ServicesAnna Craft, Associate Professor and Coordinator of Metadata Services
The UNCG University Libraries support the publishing of open access content through hosting and sharing open journals, unique electronic theses and dissertations, research data sets, and open educational resources (OER).
- Publishing activities began: 2004
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 85%
- Professional staff: 0.5
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||241||241|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||8||8|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues||5||5|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||21||21|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- International Journal of Critical Pedagogy (journal)
- Journal of Learning Spaces (journal)
- Communication Center Journal (journal)
- Journal of Appreciative Education (journal)
- North Carolina Journal of Mathematics and Statistics (journal)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- locally developed software