University of Arizona
University of Arizona Libraries
Research EngagementEllen Dubinsky, Scholarly Communication Librarian
The University of Arizona Libraries provides tools, services, and expertise that enable the creation, distribution, and preservation of scholarly works and research data in support of the mission of the University of Arizona.
- Publishing activities began: 1994
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 75%
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
Library-administered university press publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
- Journal of Political Ecology (journal)
- Issues & Trends in Learning Technologies (journal)
- Journal of Methods & Measurement in the Social Sciences (journal)
- Journal of Second Language Acquisition & Teaching (journal)
- Journal of Appellate Practice and Process (journal)
- social sciences
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISSN registry
- AP Trust