University of Central Florida
John C. Hitt Library
Digital InitiativesLee Dotson, Interim Department Head, Technology Solutions & Digital Initiatives
The UCF Libraries provides publishing support for a wide range of digital scholarship, data, honors theses, graduate ETDs, and UCF affiliated or UCF faculty-edited open access e-journals. Efforts to support broader dissemination of scholarship include enabling access to a wide audience through freely accessible databases and administering the STARS institutional repository hosted on the Digital Commons platform.
- Publishing activities began: 2004
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 90%
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Paraprofessional staff: 1.5
- Undergraduates: 1
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; newsletters; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
- The SPARS Pandemic 2025-2028: A Futuristic Scenario to Facilitate Medical Countermeasure Communication (journal article)
- Philippine Economic and Political Development and Philippine Muslim Unrest (ETD)
- The Impact of Online Education on Academic Performance for Ladies Professional Golf Association Teaching and Club Professionals (ETD)
- Exploring the Effects of Social Media Use on the Mental Health of Young Adults (honors thesis)
- The Impact of Family Influence and Involvement on Career Development (ETD)
- social and behavioral sciences
- medicine and health sciences
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Best publications to refer to our program: content affiliated with the University of Central Florida; historical content for central Florida
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- hosting of supplemental content
- peer review management
- Digital preservation services under discussion