University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press
Publishing, Preservation, Research and Digital AccessPaige Morgan/Julia Oestreich, Digital Publishing and Copyright Librarian / Director of the University of Delaware Press
We offer our open access journal publishing platform to more comprehensively support, record, and promote the scholarly activities of faculty and students, providing opportunities for creating and widely disseminating new scholarship and improving the look and discoverability of existing journals. We seek to educate researchers and community members about the larger contexts of open access and their options in terms of making their scholarship widely available, accessible, and discoverable, whether through the creation of journals, or via deposit in our institutional repository.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2016
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English; Spanish; Portuguese
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 2
- Library Operating Budget: 90%
- Charge Backs: 10%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; technical/research reports.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
Library-Administered University Press Publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
- Latin American and Iberian studies
- material culture
- regional history/anthropology
- Internal Partners: campus departments or programs
- Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
- Best publications to refer to our program: Publications related to any of our key areas (listed above); publications with a specific connection to a University of Delaware community member
- Name of consortium:
- Type of support:
- University Press Partners: University of Delaware Press
- Relationship between library publishing and university press: Partner on services and publications
Technologies & Services
- author advisory – copyright
- data visualization
- ISSN registry
- digital scholarship consultation support; proofreading
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We are investigating platforms that would support expanded publishing services for content other than journals, including OER.
← Return to Directory