University of Kentucky
University of Kentucky Libraries
Digital ScholarshipAdrian K. Ho, Coordinator of Digital Scholarship
The University of Kentucky Libraries provides resources, services, and expertise for the university community to publish scholarly contents and to enhance the discoverability of the published works. The library also educates campus constituents about various scholarly communication and digital scholarship topics.
- Publishing activities began: 2010
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English; Spanish
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments: Relevant resources, services, and expertise are distributed across library units/departments.
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 2
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; databases; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
- University of Kentucky dissertations
- University of Kentucky theses
- Kentucky Transportation Center Research Report (journal)
- Journal of Appalachian Health (journal)
- Progress in Scale Modeling, an International Journal (journal)
- Hispanic studies
- public health
- social theory
- transportation engineering
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
- University press partner: University Press of Kentucky
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- DOI distribution
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- notification of A&I sources
- peer review management
- Amazon S3
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
The University of Kentucky Libraries will continue to strengthen existing library publishing partnerships, bring more campus constituents on board, and build upon the current library publishing services.
The collaboration between the University of Kentucky Libraries and the University Press of Kentucky has resulted in over 1,100 monographs published by the Press being freely available to the current faculty, students, and staff of the Press's consortium partners via the institutional repository.
← Return to Directory