University of Louisville
Archives & Special CollectionsEmail: email@example.com
ThinkIR is an open-access digital repository that provides worldwide access to the scholarship of the University of Louisville community. It highlights and preserves the work of UofL researchers for a global audience, increasing its visibility and future viability.
- Publishing activities began: 2015
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 75%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Library operating budget: 50%
- Non-library campus budget: 50%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, student; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, inactive back-issues; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||63||63|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||108||108|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||5||5|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||3||3|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||51||51|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- University of Louisville Journal of Respiratory Infections (journal)
- Journal of Student Financial Aid (journal)
- The Hidden Help: Black Domestic Workers in the Civil Rights Movement (thesis)
- Hindi Women-Centric Films in India (thesis)
- The Relation between Man and Nature in Wordsworth's Poetry (thesis)
- infectious diseases—respiratory infections
- student financial aid
- physician burnout and wellness
- environmental sustainability
- undergraduate research
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Only work with internal partners
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- author advisory – copyright
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry
- Amazon S3
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We have taken in, and will continue to take in, an increasing number of undergraduate research projects, in keeping with the university's strategic goals. We are also actively promoting OERs and expect to serve as a repository for any created by our faculty.
← Return to Directory