University of Miami
University of Miami Libraries
Digital StrategiesJason Cohen, Digital Publishing Specialist
The University of Miami Libraries provides infrastructure and support for publishing and disseminating research and scholarship from our faculty and students.
- Publishing activities began: 2004
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Library materials budget: 50%
- Library operating budget: 50%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses; student posters, student music projects.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||340|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
student posters (60), student music projects (7)
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Anthurium: A Caribbean Studies Journal (journal)
- Collaborations: A Journal of Community-Based Research and Practice (journal)
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Caribbean studies
- university-community collaborations
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- dataset management
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- Amazon S3
- AP Trust
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
We are currently developing outreach to boost campus use of our institutional repository and working to educate our campus community on issues related to open access.
← Return to Directory