University of Oklahoma
University of Oklahoma Libraries
Open Initiatives and Scholarly CommunicationNicholas Wojcik, Scholarly Publishing Librarian
The University of Oklahoma Libraries supports platforms for open access journal publishing and an institutional repository. We seek publishing partners who: wish to publish open access (OA) journals; wish to publish open educational resources (OER), including open textbooks; utilize an internationally/nationally recognized editorial board; have the resources and staff to publish in a timely manner on a regular schedule; seek to publish original scholarly content; and are selective in accepting quality content for publication via a rigorous peer-review process. We are committed to hosting journals that cover diverse, unique, and underrepresented fields and topics.
- Publishing activities began: 2013
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1.35
- Paraprofessional staff: 0.4
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, inactive back-issues; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||3||3|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||481||481|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||7||7|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Journal Committed to Social Change on Race and Ethnicity (JCSCORE) (journal)
- Study and Scrutiny (journal)
- Journal of Higher Education Athletics and Innovation (journal)
- Writers: Craft and Context (journal)
- Arban Expansion Pack: Classic Exercises Adapted for Today’s Musician, 1st Edition (OER/textbook)
- social justice and equity
- research in young adult literature
- higher education and athletics
- signage and wayfinding
- American politics
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
- Name of consortium: Open Education Network
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- DOI distribution
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- notification of A&I sources
- Amazon Glacier
- Amazon S3
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for Expansion & Future Directions:
Publication of two new journals scheduled for 2021.
← Return to Directory