University of Ottawa / Université d’Ottawa
University of Ottawa Library / Bibliothèque de l'Université d’Ottawa
Open Scholarship and Digital InitiativesJeanette Hatherill, Scholarly Communication Librarian / / Bibliothécaire responsable de la communication savante
Phone: 613-562-5800 x 4563
uOttawa Library recognizes the importance of supporting scholarly communication initiatives and increasing the visibility of academic research. We offer a journal services using OJS to increase access to journals produced by the uOttawa community and to encourage the creation of new ones.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2010
- Location: Canada
- Languages published: English; French; Spanish
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage Comments:
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 0.5
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||1||1|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||702||632||70|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||6||6|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||5||5|
|Journals, contracted by external groups||1||1|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses||140||140|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
PartnersInternal Partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing? yes
- Name of consortium: Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL)
- Type of support: OCUL provides the infrastructure and technical support for hosting our journals on OJS.
Administer a university press? no
Technologies & Services
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- notification of A&I sources
- Digital preservation services under discussion