University of Redlands
Armacost LibraryPaige Mann, Assistant Director for Public Services | STEM Librarian | Scholarly Communications Librarian
In support of the mission of the University of Redlands, the main objective of the Institutional Scholarly Publication and Information Repository (InSPIRe) is to: diversify scholarly and creative canons through inclusive and equitable practices; enrich scholarship through the digital preservation of and open access to the University’s scholarly output and creative works; further teaching and learning opportunities by facilitating the publication of open educational resources (OERs); foster understanding of the opportunities, rights, and responsibilities related to online publishing; and increase awareness of the University’s scholarly and creative activities.
- Publishing activities began: 2013
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across campus
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 20
- Paraprofessional staff: 70
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||10|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||13|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Journal of Computer Science Integration (journal)
- Undergraduate Honors Theses (capstones/theses)
- MS GIS Major Individual Projects (ETDs)
- Ed.D. Dissertations in Leadership for Educational Justice (ETDs)
- Armacost Library Undergraduate Research Awards (capstones/theses)
- computer science education (K12)
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Best publications to refer to our program: Original papers, commentaries, and reviews that focus on K12 computer science integration that are accessible and of interest to educators, researchers, and practitioners.
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- Ubiquity Repositories
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISSN registry