University of Regina
Dr. John Archer Library and ArchivesChristina Winter, Copyright and Scholarly Communications Librarian
Our objective is to promote and enable open publishing.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2008
- Location: Canada
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across campus
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage Comments: Our institutional repository is our main publishing effort. We also have one open journal and an open textbook program administered by a separate University department.
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 3 - Important
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Graduate students: -1
- Library Operating Budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||15||15|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)||1||1|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||72||72|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses||86||86|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
PartnersInternal Partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Open to working with any external partner
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing? no
Work with a university press? no
Administer a university press? no
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISSN registry