University of South Florida Libraries
Digital Scholarship ServicesJason Boczar, Digital Scholarship and Publishing Librarian
The USF Libraries strive to develop and encourage research collaboration and initiatives throughout all areas of campus. Members of the USF community are encouraged to deposit their research with Digital Commons @ University of South Florida. We commit to assisting faculty, staff, and students in all stages of the deposit process, to managing their work to optimize access/readership, and to ensure long-term preservation. Long-term preservation and increasing accessibility will increase citation rates and highlight the research accomplishments of this campus. Digital Commons will have a direct impact on the University’s four strategic goals: student success, research innovation, sound financial management, and creating new partnerships.
- Publishing activities began: 2007
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English; Spanish
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 90%
- Professional staff: 3
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Undergraduates: 1
- Library materials budget: 60%
- Endowment income: 40%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; monographs; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||2||2|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||555||555|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||1||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices (textbook)
- Journal of Strategic Security (journal)
- International Journal of Speleology (journal)
- Numeracy (journal)
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs)
- geology and karst
- environmental sustainability
- Holocaust and genocide studies
- mathematics/quantitative literacy
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- concept maps or other visualizations
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- DOI distribution
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- dataset management
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- hosting of supplemental content
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- open URL support
- peer review management
- Amazon S3