University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences Library
Digital Publishing ProgramEric Robinson, Librarian for Scholarly Communications
It is the mission of the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences Library’s digital publishing program to advance the role of the open access publishing model and to better meet the research needs of the health sciences community by:
• contributing to an infrastructure of scholarly research dissemination that enables, promotes, and sustains open access publishing models over the long term.
• increasing the impact of university-produced research through the collection, maintenance, and dissemination of original and previously published scholarship by students, faculty, and staff of the university in an open access repository.
• providing a platform for and assistance in the publication of high-quality, original research in the health sciences through library-published, peer-reviewed, open-access journals.
• improving awareness of critical issues in open access, copyright, and scholarly publication for current and future health science professionals through engagement at all levels of the research publication process.
- Publishing activities began: 2018
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: organization (e.g. non-profit association, library consortia) that provides or supports library publishing activities on behalf of its library members
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: Yes
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 1
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; journals, contracted by external groups.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||18||18|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||55||55|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||66||66|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- Student Journal of Occupational Therapy (journal)
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences Virtual OTD Capstone Symposium (symposium)
- occupational therapy
- physical therapy
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- DOI distribution
- author advisory – copyright
- author advisory – other
- contract/license preparation
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- ISSN registry
- peer review management
- Digital preservation services under discussion
Additional InformationPlans for expansion & future directions:
New professional society and faculty-led scholarly journals are currently in planning for 2021 launch.
← Return to Directory