University of Texas at Arlington
University of Texas at Arlington LibrariesYumi Ohira, Digital Publishing & Repository Librarian
UTA Libraries provides open access publishing services to advance the creation and dissemination of knowledge and to collaboratively work to promote the academic and professional success of faculty, staff, and students within the UT Arlington community. The UTA Libraries showcases and publishes the University’s scholarly output in digital form and makes it freely accessible globally. The institutional repository, ResearchCommons (RC), is a publishing platform for faculty scholarship, student theses and dissertations, undergraduate research, and exceptional student work. We offer the Mavs Dataverse where researchers can share, preserve, and publish data. Mavs Open Press publishing services provides platforms for open access journal publishing and broad sharing of open education resource content with production services.
- Publishing activities began: 2007
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English, Spanish
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 3 - Established
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 100%
- Professional staff: 3
- Paraprofessional staff: 3.5
- Graduate students: 4
- Undergraduates: 1
- Library operating budget: 90%
- Charitable contributions: 10%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; monographs; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||0|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||0|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||6||6|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||384||384|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||0|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||1||1|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||6||6|
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- McNair Scholars Research Journal – undergraduate research publication (journal)
- Teamwork: An Open Access Practical Guide (OER)
- Fast Capitalism – academic journal with political intent (journal)
- Properties and Behavior of Soil – Online Lab Manual (OER)
- PALARA – Afro-Latin/American Research Assoc. journal publication (journal)
- service learning
- undergraduate research
- political science
- African diaspora studies in the Americas
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- audio/video streaming
- author advisory – copyright
- dataset management
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers
- graphic design (print or web)
- hosting of supplemental content
- image services
- ISBN registry
- ISSN registry
- peer review management
- Amazon Glacier
- Amazon S3