University of Washington
University of Washington Libraries
Scholarly Communication and PublishingGordon J. Aamot, Director, Scholarly Communication and Publishing
We support the creators of intellectual content in sharing their work with the world.
- Publishing activities began: 1998
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across several campuses
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Professional staff: 1.5
- Graduate students: 0.25
- Library operating budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); expansive digital publications (digital humanities or other complex multimedia projects); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, inactive back-issues; monographs; newsletters; undergraduate capstones/honors theses; digital humanities projects; multimedia projects.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student|
|Educational resources (e.g., textbooks, course modules)||25||25|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||1000||1000|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||2||2|
|Journals, campus-based student-created|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back issues||1||1|
|Undergraduate capstones/honors theses||30||30|
digital humanities projects (20) multimedia projects (7)
2021: New publications from July 2020 to June 2021. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
Library-administered university press publications:
For journals, include titles that published at least one article in the last twelve months. For other publication types, report items that were published or added to your repository for the first time within the last twelve months.
- Journal of Indo-Pacific Archeology (journal)
- Slovene Studies (journal)
- Advances in Classification Research Online (journal)
- Southeast Asia
- information studies
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Only work with internal partners
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
- University press partner: University of Washington Press
Technologies & Services
- multimedia/interactive content
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers