West Virginia University
West Virginia University Libraries
Scholarly Communications & Publishing
The WVU Libraries Scholarly Communications & Publishing program is designed to meet the scholarly publishing needs of West Virginia University and the West Virginia scholarly community. We aim to provide open access and non-profit publishing expertise, services, and platforms to enhance the scholarly output options of our community.
- Publishing activities began: 2017
- Location: United States
- Languages published: English
- Organization: services distributed across library units/departments
- Stage of publishing efforts (1-3): 2 - Early
- Stage comments:
- Open access focus (1-5): 4 - Very Important
- Program advisory/editorial board: No
- Peer reviewed journals: 80%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; databases; datasets; educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules); electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based student-created; newsletters; technical/research reports; undergraduate capstones/honors theses.
PartnersInternal partners: campus departments or programs
Openness to working with external partners: Consider external partners if there is a tie to my institution (e.g. local editor of a journal for an external scholarly society)
Part of a consortium that provides support for publishing?
Work with a university press?
Administer a university press?
Technologies & Services
- Digital Commons (bepress)
- author advisory – copyright
- DOI assignment/allocation of identifiers