Research and Scholarly Communications TeamJoanne Paterson, Head, Research and Scholarly Communication
Phone: 519-661-2111, ext. 80957
Western Libraries’ journal publishing service offers a no-fee local publication facility for students and faculty who wish to publish an online open access journal. We partner with bepress, the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL), and Scholars Portal to host and distribute more than 30 journals.
Western Libraries provides support in the set-up and continued maintenance of journals, as well as guidance in increasing the visibility and discoverability of online journal content. Our librarians and staff will facilitate indexing and dissemination of your journal’s contents, and validate standard identifiers for the publication and its content as needed.
- Publishing Activities Began: 2008
- Location: Canada
- Languages published: English, French, Spanish
- Organization: centralized library publishing unit/department
- Stage (1-3): 2 - Early
- Open Access Focus (1-5): 5 - Completely
- Program Advisory/Editorial Board: No
- Peer Reviewed Journals: 90%
- Professional staff: 0.5
- Paraprofessional staff: 1
- Graduate students: 0.25
- Library Materials Budget: 100%
Publishing ActivitiesTypes of publications: conference papers and proceedings, faculty; conference papers and proceedings, student; electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs); journals, campus-based faculty-created; journals, campus-based student-created; undergraduate capstones/honors theses; books.
|Conference papers and proceedings, faculty||31||31|
|Conference papers and proceedings, student||24||24|
|Educational resources (ex. textbooks, course modules)|
|Electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)||803||803|
|Journals, campus-based faculty-created||12||11||1|
|Journals, campus-based student-created||15||15|
|Journals, contracted by external groups|
|Journals, inactive back-issues|
|Undergraduate Capstones/Honors Theses||19||19|
2020: New publications from July 2019 to June 2020. Journals include titles actively publishing during the date range. Other publication types include items that were published or added to repositories for the first time within the date range.
OA/Paid/Hybrid: Publications currently published and/or available online. OA (open access) publications do not include counts for hybrid publications. Hybrid publications are those that offer a combination of both open access and pay-access content.
- International Indigenous Policy Journal (journal)
- Canadian Journal of Information and Library Science (journal)
- Locke Studies (journal)
- Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (journal)
- The Road Goes Ever On: Estelle Jorgensen's Legacy in Music Education (book)
- Teaching and learning
- Information science