The LPC Professional Development Committee organizes an annual peer mentorship program for the community. In order to be eligible to participate, participants must belong to an LPC member institution (they do not need to be the voting representative). Anyone interested may apply to participate in the 2023 program. Applications are due by January 9, 2023.
Apply to Participate
Goals for 2022
- Primary: To enrich participants’ experiences with the LPC and build meaningful relationships between peers.
- Secondary: To further the development of library publishing through a professional, semi-structured mentorship program
- Applications are due by January 9, 2023.
- Peer mentors will be matched up by early February.
- Participants will receive instructions and orientation materials in February.
- Optional meet-up at the Library Publishing Forum (May 8-11, 2023). (The LPC Professional Development Committee will host a meet-up for participants. Stay tuned for more information!)
Other activities include:
- Special mentorship calls hosted by the Professional Development Committee (topics and schedule TBD)
- Mid-year (6-months) survey
- Post-cycle (12-months) cohort evaluation with exit surve
History of the Program
In January of 2019, LPC’s Professional Development Committee launched a pilot mentorship program to foster connections between members and to support new library publishers in the LPC community. This pilot program matched up seven mentor/mentee pairs, who met regularly throughout the next year. The committee organized a meet-up for the participants at the Library Publishing Forum, and mid-year and end-of-year evaluation deemed it necessary to re-format the program from mentors/mentees into a peer mentorship program. In 2021, the program was expanded to offer more structure with a formal orientation, optional monthly discussion prompts, and additional resources.