We are seeking a research instruction librarian who is dedicated to student success and teaching excellence in a liberal arts environment. This librarian will serve as liaison to the sciences which entails providing reference support and collaborating with faculty to deliver information literacy instruction in these programs. This librarian will also use their strong outreach skills to coordinate and develop the library’s scholarly programming, which entails hosting events to engage the campus in conversation about scholarship, and manage the undergraduate journal, Proceedings of GREAT Day.
The successful applicant will enter a full-time tenure-track position at the Sr. Assistant Librarian rank and a salary of $52,842. The initial appointment for this position is two years with the potential for renewal, with a projected starting date in late July/early August of 2022. We strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience with accessibility and/or inclusion initiatives.
- Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign equivalent by August 2022
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive working/teaching environment
- Expressed interest in working with college students to support their academic success
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and best practices of information literacy instruction
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently
Apply by: 04/27/2022
See complete description and apply.